Friday 5 August 2011

Friday 5th of August 2011

Hi all,

Just back from a nice long break in southern France. A very helpful bike shop lent me some FFWD wheels with built in power meter which I put on my bike and took with me.
The week prior to going away was a good strong training week and I really wanted to follow up on that. while I was away I managed:
1 20k run
2 15k runs
2 10k run

3 2 hour bike rides in the hills near Limoges in France. Some pretty decent climbing involved :)
I really loved the wheels and the power meter. It was interesting to have a new tool to use to see just how hard I was really working. Seems I can keep a constant 250 watt power going which I think is ok. I am now using it to try to build this up.

Here is the view from the house we stayed at:

and the other side:

Its a stunning part of France and I have never been on better roads for cycling! stunning scenery and very challenging hills. Some steep some just very long and rolling. The great thing too is that there were very few cars around. There are also a few large lakes in the area and you can swim in them.

Back in the UK this week. Have only managed a 1 hour turbo session on the bike and today a 20k run including Brassknocker Hill which is almost vertical (or that's how it felt!). Hope to get out on the bike tomorrow weather permitting.
really must swim tooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment