Thursday 15 April 2010

Thursday 15th of April 2010

I have some catching up to do from Tuesday...I got home early from work and went for a swim. It was quite a nice time to go as it was quite quiet. I did around 2k at a nice pace and it was good to get some time in the pool. Also the sun was coming in and was quite blinding so it was good practice to have to breath on the other side!

Wednesday morning I got up, cycled to work and did 1 hour of hard spinning. HR up around 160 and lots of standing and sprinting. Then in the afternoon I had a nice 56K ride home. Was a great ride and fast. Avg was up around 38kph for 2 10k sections and the overall was 33kph including all the stopping for lights etc. Had a roadie cyclist sticking behind me for 20k fo the ride which motivated me to keep the engine on full and keep the legs pushing as hard as I could. We were doing 45kph on the flat with a slight tail wind so it was really good.

This morning I was up early. Stole the car to get to work and ran a steady 24k with an avg of 4:40 per K. My legs hurt a lot but I felt quite strong. As my legs were far from rested I feel quite good about my running. Maybe I will go sub 3:30 after all in May when I do the Copenhagen marathon. That would be a real boost coming up to August.

No comments:

Post a Comment