Friday 20 August 2010

Friday 20th of August 2010

Today is my last day of being 32! age is starting to catch up quicker and quicker but I feel like I still have the edge on it for now :)
Finishing my first ironaman race has left a gap in my life which so far has been filled with having a few beers, talking A LOT about race day with everyone I know and planning my move back to the UK. I have a half IM race coming up on Sep 4th so I need to get back into some kind of physical training. Today I rode my bike to work and it felt great to get out and do something! my legs felt fine, I rode fast the whole way and I feel like it helped to shed the kind of self pitying feeling I had developed. I had planned to do a short run today but I dont think I will. I may go tomorrow for a 10k just to get the legs going again.

Its odd but I dont think its sunk in yet that I did actually finish. I have moments when I think to my self 'god, I actually have done an ironman race'. I feel good but I think its still going to take some time.

I am now starting to think of whats next, I am pretty sure I will do another Ironman race and I know now that my goal will be to do that near to the 10 hour mark. I know where I need to improve and I think I know how so I guess Ill just get started doing that :)

This is what a stupidly happy me looks like by the way:

This is what I looked like 14k from the end!!
13.8 k later this is me - very very near to complete empty fuel tank!



Im planning to keep my blog going as I still enjoy looking back at the last year or so. I am still on the journey as far as I am concerned!

No comments:

Post a Comment