Wednesday 25 March 2009

The decision is made!

I'm 31, I smoke, drink too much and am putting weight on fast! I have been fit from time to time over the years and even managed to drag my self around the Copenhagen marathon but I wasn't fit enough to do it, I had to force my self around the course.

I have 2 kids and I don't want them to smoke and follow my lead so its time for me to turn a corner and crack on with some serious phys.

A friend at work did an Ironman a few years ago and ever since then it has been at the back of my mind...one day I kept thinking. Well I'm not getting younger so that one day has to be one day soon.

I haven't actually decided which ironman to do yet but ill book one in October when I have a good few months of training behind me and I know I have the will power to follow it through.

My plan is to spend the next month building up a basic level of fitness and not smoking!! then I'm going to follow a 29 week plan http://www.ironmanpower.com/training/guide/Week_1.html as closely as my working life will allow. I have the backing of my wife which is a good start.

Well lets see what happens - training day 1 is Sunday 22nd of March 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment