Friday 23 July 2010

Friday 23rd of July 2010

Wednesday I didnt get any training except the ride to and from the garage where my car was. My bike did get fixed though (it was making a very annoying clicking noice from bb area) which was cool. Yesterday morning I cycled to work and did 60k on the way home. Working quite hard but nothing too mental. I met up with two guys from Challenge Copenhagen for an open water swim and did just over 3k. One of these guys was a serious swimmer and was very very quick! he is going to do his IM swim in under an hour.
This morning was not so great. Was at about 3k into my 24k run when I started to get a sharp pain behind my left knee! its the first realy problem I have had running for many many months and the timing is pretty crap really. Anyway it took some effort but I decided to stop and walked back just to make sure I didnt do any damage. Now I will not run for 2 days and I really really hope that helps! Im going to rest my legs until Sunday now and then do 160 bike. Monday I will try the 24k again and see what happens. I feel in really good shape and feel like I could run or cycle all day so its really annoying that I get stopped by a stupid inury. Only a few weeks to go so I am on damage limitation now!

2 comments:

  1. Bad luck on the pain in your knee but you did the right thing cutting the session short and setting aside some recovery time. It can be hard to resist the temptation to get in one more quick session but your much better off being 10% undertrained than 1% overtrained! Gotta watch those injuries at this latye stage:o)! (besides you've plenty of running done already!)

    IE
    www.oneyeartoironman.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no! sending you the best of luck for it being just a tweak. you've come too far -
    Ken

    ReplyDelete