Monday 5 July 2010

Monday 5th of July 2010

Sat July 3rd I did a 10k run and Yesterday I did a 160k bike ride. My legs were totally waisted by the end and I didnt take enough nutrition with me...fool.
I did another open water swim while I was away and I think it was around 4k so I was pretty happy with that. The training on holiday didnt go to plan but I guess thats the way it goes. It was nice to spend some time with the kids and wife anyway so at least there was a silver lining. Now I am 100% focused on building up the training for 4 weeks. I started Saturday with a 10k run, yesterday was the big bike ride and today I did another 10k run. I will cycle to work and back every day. Tomorrow I plan to swim for an hour. Wednesday I will do a 100k ride with a 5k run right after. Thursday I will swim and do a 60k ride. Friday I will do a 28k run. My weekly total on Saturday should be 320k bike, 48k run and 2 hours swimming. The next week I will add 10% and so on until I peak in 4 weeks time. Then a weeks rest (with only short bikes and runs but still swimming more) then its race day!


Some training snaps ;)

Just like my Daddy


The ultimate training aid

Before the swim

Practicing for T1 (this may have been a set up for the photo opp)

No comments:

Post a Comment